Friday, February 4, 2011

A little sewing, a little self-analysis and some gorgeousness!

Hi..it's been a while since I've been able to post due to some "issues" (and that's me being polite) with our internet service. It's still unresolved but my hubby was worried that I might switch my addiction from the Net to something else ..alcohol, ice etc, so he has got me a Pre-paid Broadband stick thingo (that's the technical term)to tide me over.

The three oldest kidlets went back to school this week so I actually managed to do some sewing for the first time in about 8 weeks. At sewing class I managed to get the last of these blocks done and sewn together.

It's looking a little "busy" so I might have to put some serious thought into borders. Like usual, I have bought the borders before I started the quilt - always worried that I won't be able to find border fabric by the time I get the centre done - and as per usual what I thought would look good probably won't suit. Why do I do that continuously, I wonder??? (that's a rhetorical question...friends, please do not answer! :-))(And why, when I make that smiley face with the colon, dash and end bracket AND then close a bracket, do I always think that I am giving my smiley face a double chin??)

It's made by using a groovy ruler called a Twister. Firstly you sew the layer cake together and then, using the Twister, cut out the blocks from the sewn pieces and resew them again. I know I have made that clear as mud but try this link and it will all make sense! Promise!

And you may remember this - a terrific collaboration by members of the crafting community to raise funds after the Queensland Floods


From Ink and Spindle's auction I bought this lovely quilt kit...I love it!!

They also, very kindly, threw in some of their card packs...lucky me!



Well, I know this post isn't very well formatted but it's the best I can do with my limited time. So have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Love your quilt! I don't think it looks too busy at all, especially with the white around it, but I will be interested to see what you do with the borders. I feel your pain - I have been having phone and internet issues too and am using a wireless broadband account from work at the moment. I have to spend all day waiting for a technician. My new hobby is lodging complaints about Telstra and iinet!

    ReplyDelete