Monday, November 28, 2011

November's Block

As previously mentioned I am in a Quilt Bee called the Travelling Circles Bee. Part of the joy of doing bees is that you learn new techniques and challenge yourself....it's all a learning curve.

Well, the thing I learnt from this month's block is that I am NEVER going to make a whole orange peel quilt.....EVER...

Now, I really try hard for bee blocks. With my own quilts I am sometimes a bit "she'll be right" but I like my bee blocks to be as close to perfect as I can get them.

Well, here is this month's orange peel block...


It goes against the grain to send off a block where the points don't match and there are puckers..but this block was not working for me at all! And I figured if I did too much unpicking then the pieces were going to be distorted and I didn't have any extra fabric to remake it. (as they had all been supplied)

Insert big sigh here.....

But at least it is ticked off the "To- Do" list and now I can move onto the next job (and boy, are there a few!!)

Hope you're having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment