* Getting to catch up with a large portion of both our families and to be amazed at how big our nephews and nieces have grown.
* Seeing the excitement of our kid's faces as Christmas arrives.
* Safe travel
* Having a cool Christmas day where a roast lunch actually seemed appropriate! And especially having one not cooked by me!
* Knowing I was getting exactly what I wanted for Christmas (as I bought it for myself and gave it to my husband to give it to me *smile*)
* 3 whole sunny days at the beach
* Having our youngest vomiting on Christmas morn..as in 1am..dealing with the drama of it all, especially in another persons house (what is the etiquette for leaving spewy sheets in another persons laundry, even if it is 2am??)..then realising there is a good chance that the other kidlets will be awake in 4 hours...
* The rain, and rain, and rain (now, I like rain but it was getting ridiculous)Apologies to those who are actually dealing with real issues with the floods, not just a bit of irritation with restless children!
* Realising your husband has forgotten to bring the present that you bought for him to give to you... Note to self, wrap it, write on card and put it in car next time.
* Giving Gorgeous Girl Lego that I bought on ebay..to find it was missing quite a few pieces, even though it was supposed to be new and unopened!
And the highs again..
* Having no other kids come down with the gastro bug.
* Getting to buy a new food processor due to the guilt my husband felt after forgetting the previously mentioned present.. Believe me, it's a ripper... *smile* and it's red...
* Being given this wonderful gift from my girl. Last year Gorgeous Girl had a teacher with whom she just "clicked". They had great fun doing extra craft projects together, and this is one of them. Look at all that intricate beading!
Well, here's to 2011! Hope it's a wonderful year for all!