Monday, February 13, 2012

Banana Coconut Muffins


More squishy fruit recipes! I don't know about you, but here at the moment I buy bananas..one moment they are all green, the next they are all heading towards being over-ripe!

So here is a favourite recipe of the moment.

Banana Coconut Muffins
1 (1/4) cups SR flour
2 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup butter, melted (also works well with dairy-free margarine if you're lactose free)
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup dessicated coconut (set 1/4 cup of this aside to use to sprinkle on top)

Set flour, sifted, aside. Mix all the other ingredients with an electric mixer (can do this by hand if you can't be bothered to get out mixer..still works ok!). Fold in flour mixture until just combined and divide between lined muffin tins. Sprinkle with lefover coconut (if I want to make them "fancy" I put that shredded coconut on top instead) Bake for about 25min at 180 degrees Celcius. Especially yummy when eaten warm!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We've had amazing summer storms here in the last week. I took this picture of the clouds above the house the other day!

I think God was having a particularly artistic moment!
Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering what to do with my over ripe bananas today - I'll try your recipe. Gorgeous clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again. They got the thumbs up from the family, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete