Thursday, August 19, 2010

A mini finish and a surprise in the mail.

I have finally finished my applique centre for my Sue Ross BOM. I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out, considering it's my first real needle-turn attempt.

And sure, it has bumpy bits and pointy bits when there should have been neat curves..but I don't think it's too bad. So that's block 4 down - 5 to go!!

Yesterday I received a little surprise in the mail. I mentioned a while back that I had won a charm pack from Busy Thimbles blog well, it turned up yesterday. It's lovely soft colours, and I'll have to put my thinking cap on how I could use them.That's the quilter's lament isn't it...so much lovely fabric, so little time! :-)

Have a great week...nearly spring!

2 comments:

  1. Your needleturn looks great to me! Can't wait to see the rest of the quilt, not familiar with this BOM so interested to see the other blocks.

    ReplyDelete